WELCOME TO OUR BLOG!

This is where we write about how ooey gooey in love we are, about the things we like to do, and about our journey as new parents. Pull up a chair, and stay a while. We're glad you stopped by.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

In defense of my husband.

When people find out that my husband has not gone to college, or that he doesn't really plan on going to college they all seem to find that unsettling and usually have an opinion about it. It bothers me.

My husband is a school bus driver. And he loves it. He works with the special needs children and he loves it. Does he make a million dollars? No. But does that matter, not at all.

Also, he is writing a book. My husband aspires to be an author. His book, or what he has of it so far, is wonderful. I have faith that his book will get published. and that will be wonderful.

Going to college does not guarantee you a high paying job. Heck, I went to college, have over 30,000 dollars in student loans and I don't make that much more than my husband. But we're both very happy.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is that it doesn't bother me that Brian is not a college graduate. He has a great job, with benefits and job security. We have the same days off and he can pay the bills.

and I'm proud of him, college degree or no.

5 comments:

  1. What a lovely post. A few of my friends have children with special needs who ride the bus, and they talk with great fondness of the drivers, who help their children. Your husband makes a difference in people's lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think people need to shut up and mind their own business!!! I am sorry that so many people give you an opinion about your husband and his work.
    My husband did not go to university (I did) and did a trade appreticeship instead. He makes A LOT more money than I do...so a uni degree is not always what its about.
    As you said-if you are happy and he is happy then that is all that matters! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean. My husband went two college for 2 years, but does not have a degree. PS, he drives a truck route (does sales and delivery) and too is writing a book. How funny. There's nothing shameful in what your husband does and that he doesn't have a degree. People can bug off if they think otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashlee, thanks for being the woman that you are and especially that you fell in love with my son. My son could not have been any luckier. You have made my day! Thanks for being a part of my family!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. THanks for sharing Ashlee! I completely agree! My husband has an associate's degree and many look down on him. He loves what he does and, in my opinion, that's all that matters. Who cares what others think? As long as he and you are happy, does a degree really matter?!
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. But only if they're kind. If you have nothing nice to say, please don't say anything at all.