WELCOME TO OUR BLOG!

This is where we write about how ooey gooey in love we are, about the things we like to do, and about our journey as new parents. Pull up a chair, and stay a while. We're glad you stopped by.

Sunday, April 24, 2011

National Infertility Awareness Week April 24-30


Myth: You waited too long to have kids.

Well I guess I could've tried to get knocked up when I was 12, but that doesn't seem logical. Hmm, maybe I should've started when I was 16 and then I could've been on Teen Mom. No, I'm not much of a reality t.v fan. 18 sounds like a good age, I'll be done with high school so I'll have plenty of time. Well no, I want to go to college so that won't do either.

I guess I'll wait to fall in love and get married first. Then it will be the perfect time. Easy peasy.
Wrong. I guess I waited to long to have kids.
Sorry honey.

I was married when I was 22. I know, super old. My husband and I began "trying" a few months later. I was still 22. My husband, only 23. No luck.

So now, 2 years later I am 24 and my DH is 25 we are still sporting the 2 person household.
and it sucks.

Infertility affects couples from all age groups. Yes, it is true that the older you get the harder it will be to achieve pregnancy but it doesn't mean it's impossible.

I mean, have you watched the show Pregnant at 70?

I would call this myth busted.
Because clearly, in my old age I've attained a bit of knowledge on the subject.

Wanna learn more please visit

or

 to learn more about National Infertility Awareness Week and find out what you can do to help.






2 comments:

  1. I've missed the show Pregnant at 70... maybe I'm gullible but is that real? I'm sorry your having to go through this, it's not easy at any age.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have cable so I'm am equally unsure if you were being humorous about the Pregnant at 70 show. But I wouldn't be surprised. I remain appalled at the MTV young mom shows...and their attempt to justify it as teaching young kids a lesson about the hardships of parenthood. Yes..because teaching them they'll get on tv and magazine covers is a negligible side effect. ICWL

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. But only if they're kind. If you have nothing nice to say, please don't say anything at all.