WELCOME TO OUR BLOG!

This is where we write about how ooey gooey in love we are, about the things we like to do, and about our journey as new parents. Pull up a chair, and stay a while. We're glad you stopped by.

Monday, April 18, 2011

a sweet encounter.

Today at my weekly Monday Trader Joe run I bumped into my good friend Allison. She is a real life friend and knows first hand the heartache that comes from IF. Her and her hubbs suffered for 4 long years before their miracle happened. And he is adorble.

Anyways, we chatted for a little bit in the store and then to my surprise she was waiting for me outside when I came out. With tears in her eyes she hugged me and told me how often she thought of me and hates that anyone has to go through IF.

Her sencerity was so sweet, and it just meant the world to me. It is so wonderful to know that I have people in my life that truely care and that I can count on when I need a shoulder to cry or an ear to listen.

As she left she looked at her sweet little guy and said something about how he knows the secret. He knows where all the babies are. It made me smile and picture all of our sweet little angel babies just watching us, rooting and cheering for us to keep trying, and stay positive. And they are just as excited to meet us, as we are to meet them.

Thanks Allison. You are such a sweetheart and you totally made my night.

3 comments:

  1. GEE, i'm crying again! you are too sweet. i am so glad i got to see you.
    love you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love good friends like those :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Ashlee, I found your blog through ICLW, and after scrolling through a bit I just couldn't help but make a comment and say hello. I know exactly where you got married and was there just 6 months before you ...plus my middle name is Ashlee, so yeah I needed to say hi. :)I loved the story your friend told you and I find comfort in thinking they're up there waiting and routing us on so we don't give up.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. But only if they're kind. If you have nothing nice to say, please don't say anything at all.