WELCOME TO OUR BLOG!

This is where we write about how ooey gooey in love we are, about the things we like to do, and about our journey as new parents. Pull up a chair, and stay a while. We're glad you stopped by.

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Welcome ICLW!

I am so happy to be participating in ICLW again! It's been so long. I am excited and hopeful to connect with some new peeps. I keep losing followers, so I hope to gain some new ones. Pull up a chair and stay awhile. Feel free to snoop around and get to know me better. 

Here is the quick and dirty version. 

My husband and I have been married since June 2009. We've been trying to make a baby since then. Obviously, we've had zero success. 
I have PCOS. I don't ovulate. So that sucks. 
I have a doctor appointment on Thursday to talk about getting an HSG which I am terrified of. 
So that's about it. 

So happy to meet some new lovely ladies. 

8 comments:

  1. Just over from ICLW (#34). The HSG isn't so bad, just make sure to take a good dosage of Ibuprofen beforehand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Came over from ICLW :)

    I agree - take ibuprofen in advance. Mine wasn't so bad, I was expecting something terrible and it really wasn't. There was a pinch when they put the catheter in that was kind of painful/weird (being pinched on the inside is a bizarre feeling) but the actual procedure felt like a menstrual cramp, and then it felt like menstrual cramps for a while after that.

    The *scariest* part for me was going into the room where they did it. I had to put my feet in stirrups that looked like astronaut boots and then the huge camera came down - it was like being in an alien space ship!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Visiting from ICLW as well. My HSG was a breeze. The weirdest part was being in this huge room in the hospital with all sorts of scary looking apparatuses. I didn't have any pain and it was no worse than a PAP for me. Maybe I was lucky?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! Dropped in for a visit via ICLW. We definitely have a lot in common w/ our PCOS and lack of cycles. Hang in there. I know quite a few women who have done an HSG and they only reported some mild cramping. Look forward to following your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a new follower and love you!! No advice on making the babies, but here to listen, learn & support ya! You're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been trying since October2009...also no babies :( I had an hsg and it wasn't too bad. Sort of like a longer, more uncomfortable pap smear. Good luck with it. ..fingers crossed all is clear!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi from ICLW

    The HSG isn't too terrible. If you do have a blockage it causes some cramping, but goes away once the procedure is done. Just take some ibproufen or something with you!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. But only if they're kind. If you have nothing nice to say, please don't say anything at all.