WELCOME TO OUR BLOG!

This is where we write about how ooey gooey in love we are, about the things we like to do, and about our journey as new parents. Pull up a chair, and stay a while. We're glad you stopped by.

Monday, December 30, 2013

slacker status.

oy.

Remind me to never ever introduce myself as a committed blogger. Cause boy I am terrible at it. 

Well, hello there. 

Can you believe that this year is pretty much over? Did you achieve all of your hopes and dreams for 2013? Are you a better person then you were 365 days ago? I can honestly say that i think i did pretty well in 2013. 
It was probably one of the most emotional years but still, great things happened. We got a new dog. I got a new job. I started grad school. I finished 1 semester of said grad school. I made new friends and lost some too. I lost a great friend, Derek, to cancer in May. There is not a day that goes by that I do not think about him. He inspires me to be better, and to him I owe a lot of my successes this year. He showed me that life is worth living, and people are worth loving. I miss him. In October my sweet Oma passed away suddenly after finding out she had a quick spreading cancer. I miss her dearly. I hate not being able to call her. I don't think I've fully processed her passing, it's just too painful. 

I am excited for 2014. I say it every year, and hopefully this year will be different. Maybe this will be my year. My year to become a mother. We're so grateful for the financial support that we were given from the community. Unfortunately, nothing has worked thus far. We are taking a break to get healthy and hopefully that will help my body get it together. Fingers are crossed.

Brian and I are happy, in love, and working hard. I love the life we have. I love my job, and my students are incredible. 

Cheers to 2014, let's do this. 


2 comments:

  1. I hope that 2014 will bring many blessings to you guys. You look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope this is your year! I think about you and this struggle often.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. But only if they're kind. If you have nothing nice to say, please don't say anything at all.